Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!

I just wanted to take a minute to a) actually write a post, since it has been over three weeks and b) wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you are reading this blog, you are on the list of things I am thankful for. My thanks to you for your constant support and friendship!

So to answer the most pressing question on your mind, yes I will be getting turkey today! Well, at least that was the most pressing question on my mind. Our program director is taking us all out to eat and has managed to bribe a chef into cooking up turkey and trimmings for us. Even more importantly, this means that we will be getting a free meal! While it is not quite the same as having dinner with some of my family, it is a nice excuse to take a break and enjoy a fancy dinner with my friends here.

So what has been going on in the past three weeks? Work, work, and more work. I don't think I have ever read or written quite so much in such a condensed period of time. Before last night, I had spent five days straight in the various libraries doing research and writing papers, and not much else. My life has been consumed by work, and I am absolutely exhausted. All in all, though, things are finally winding down and by next Tuesday I will be completely done with my semester. Kind of crazy to think about how quickly it has gone by.

As for rugby, I finally got to play in a game a few weeks back-- played for a whole half (40 minutes) in fact. I had very little idea what I was supposed to be doing, and was only in due to injuries, so I tackled as many Brits as I could get ahold of and otherwise tried to "fuck up some smart kids" (say it in a British accent and you'll get the picture). I really have grown to love the sport of Rugby; in fact I think I appreciate it more than American Football. I would love to keep playing when I get back to the states, but something tells me I am going to be a bit to busy to put in the time commitment.

Speaking of next semester, I have decided what courses I will be taking next semester. I'm going to do five classes again, which should be interesting, including: Econ Stats, Advanced Micro, Education Politics, Intro to Environmental Analysis, and Berlin-Moscow Europe in Transition (fulfill my last GenEd requirement/prep for possibly being abroad again this summer for research). Pretty excited for all of the classes actually.

For those of you in Claremont, I will be down there a bit from December 14th/15th to the 21st to work at the Store and would love to see you/grab lunch or coffee. Hope we get to meet up! For those of you in the desert, well I don't go back to school until Jan 20th so please let me know and we will definitely get together. I'll be in the AV pretty much anytime I'm not in Claremont. I fly back December 9th, and I'll have my same cell phone number, so just give me a call!

Anyhow, I should get back to work--need to finish some reading before dinner tonight-- but I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family. Please please please send me updates on your life, I'd love to hear from you!!!

No comments: